A vibrant and dynamic agricultural sector for food security and national prosperity.
To achieve globally competitive production, processing and marketing enterprises through socially acceptable, innovative and commercially-oriented agriculture, through sustainable management of natural resources of the country.
- Support to agricultural policy for food and allied agricultural crops.
- Establish food and nutrition security.
- Maintain stable prices for agricultural products.
- Efficiently coordinate paddy purchasing and marketing Programme
- Timely implementation of projects.
- Increase production in selected crops.
- Efficient and effective implementation of accelerated food production Programme.
- Efficient and effective use of foreign funds.
- Customer friendly and result orient administrative system.
- Coordinating all the agriculture activities done by the government, non government and private institutions.
- Implementing dry chillie production programme, big onion cultivation programme and Red onion true seed production programme.
- Promote Organic Fertilizer Production & their uses.
- Providing technical assistance and state contribution to interested agricultural land owners / youths.
- Arrange Technical Training for youths and enhance the attitudes of youths in Agriculture.