Maviddapuram  Sri Kanthasamy Temple

This is one of the temple that was constructed according to the “Sivahama” in Eelam. Maaru thapuraveekavalli, the dugher of ukkira solan pray the god and get rid of her feature of Horse’s face by the grace of god murugan. She build a temple to the god “Murugan” and the so called name maviddapuram was derived from this incident. It is one of the famous kovil in Elam where 05 number of their are pulled by the devotes at the annual High festival. The annual High festival will be conducted for 25 days and the last event of the festival, the “Theertha thiruvizha” will be falls on the day of “Adi Amavasai”
The main pooja days in this temple are “Thaipoosam” , “Thirukkarthikai” “Aruthra Tharisanam” , “Kanthasasti” , “Sooran por” and “Aadippooram.
Nature of the place/Thing
Temple was built during the rule of Chola king called Ukkira cholan in the century of 7 a.c
Evidence
Declared as an archeological site

Gazette No. - 1739

Date - 2011.12.30

Location
J/230, Maviddapuram
Access
Through K.K.K.S Road through Tellippalai junction to maviddapuram junction
Special rules
be a vegetarian and not to take liquor the males should remove their shirts before enter into the temple
Distance
nearly 4km distance from Divisional Secretariat, Tellippalai
Maintenance
Maharaja Siri T.S. Ratnasapapathy Kurukkal, Chief priest of “Mavai Atheenam”
Contact
Telephone - 0213210344, 07783025173
Special days
Annual High festival -25 days, Khrthikai Thiruvila, monthly special pooja, weekly special pooja, on Tuesday and Friday.
Sri Nahulambiga sametha Sri Nahulleswarar Suwami Temple

Keerimalai Nahulleswarar Suwami Temple has the specialty of consisting “Moorthy, “Thalam” and “Theertham”Tthe ancient name of this temple is “Thiruthambaleswaram”. This village has got the name Keerimalai, because of a sage called Thiruthambaleswar had a bath in this holy “Theertham” and get rid of his feature of Mongoose’s face. In Northern language it is called as Nahulakiri. Therefore this sivan temple got it’s name as Nahuleswaram. Annual High festival of this temple falls on the day after the “Thaipoosam” and the Theertha Utsavam (water cutting ceremony) comes on “Mhasivarathri” day
Nature of the place/Thing
This Temple was worshiped by the” Aathichola” Kings named “Musukunthan” , “Nalan” and Aruchchunan. This temple has the specialist of “Theertha” , “Thala” and “Yatra”.
Evidence
Declared as an archeological site

Gazette No. - 1739

Date - 2011.12.30

Location
J/226, Nahuleswaram, Keerimalai.
Access
Through K.K.S Road to Maviddapuram and from maviddapuram 3km distance forward west
Special rules
be a vegetarian and not to take liquor the males should remove their shirts before enter into the temple
Distance
nearly 7km distance from Divisional Secretariat, Tellippalai.
Maintenance
Sivasiri.K.Nahuleswarak kurukkal,

“Aatheenakartha” and Chief priest of

Nahuleswaram, Keerimalai.

Contact
Telephone - 060221440
Special days
“Aadi Amavasai”, “Mahasivarathri”, Annual High festival, Tuesdays and Fridays.

Keerimalai Keni

This Keni was called earlier as Kandagi Theertham” . It’s a historically renown place and the “keerimalai theertham” is believed that it has a spiritual power of curing diseases of the devotees.
Location
J/226, Nahuleswaram, Keerimalai
Access
Through K.K.S Road to Maviddapuram and from maviddapuram 3 ½ km distance torwards west
Special rules
Keni was divided into two and has the facility to male and female devotees to take bath separately. Threr are some restrictions, such as devotees not to use soap, shampoo into the Keni and They should remove their slippers before getting down into the keni. Using of polythene also prohibited in this area . Keep the area as a cleaned area is the response of the people.
Distance
nearly 7km distance from Divisional Secretariat, Tellippalai
Maintenance
Vali North, Pradesia Saba
Contact
Telephone - 021 321 2317
Special days
“Aadi Amavasai” and “Theertha Utsavam”